Establishment authorization

To start up your business (restaurant, transport, small business, etc.), you need a business permit.

We recommend that you apply through the House of Entrepreneurship. You can also apply directly on the website by clicking here, or by e-mail to the Directorate General for SMEs and Entrepreneurship(info.pme(at)

For craft trades, contact the Chambre des métiers.

A company must have a fixed place of business. The company manager must complete :

  • Good repute: based on a criminal record and a declaration of honor relating to managerial functions in companies over the past 3 years.
  • Qualifications For commercial activities: DAP, higher diploma, professional experience of at least 3 years or training / For craft activities: brevet de maitrise, professional practice of at least 3 years / Liberal professions: specific authorizations
  • Pay a €24 tax stamp.

To withdraw his authorization, the entrepreneur will have to present himself in his own name to the CCSS to register as a self-employed person. For companies, authorization arrives by post.

More articles on this topic

Read all the articles

Contact us

to talk about your business project!

Depending on the progress of your project, we’ll give you advice, put you in touch with one of our volunteers, or refer you to another entrepreneurial support organization.

The information collected is subject to processing intended to allow microlux to manage the request it receives. They are intended for members and administrative services of microlux and will not be disclosed. In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council relating to the protection of personal data (RGPD), you can exercise your right to access and rectify information concerning you by contacting microlux.